Dream Catcher: What It Is, How To Make 60+ Models
The dream filter, also known as dream catcher, is an amulet of North American indigenous culture, created by the Ojibwe tribe. This amulet has been gaining a lot of popularity, mainly with so many dream filter pictures that we can find to inspire us.
This item can be used in both home decor and parties, but do you know what a dream filter is? Or do you even know what the dream filter means? Well, check out this post until the end to know everything about this element and see some photos and tips on how to make a dream filter.
- The dream filter is also known as a dream catcher
- 1 What is a dream filter?
- 2 Meaning of the dream filter: understand each part
- 3 Colors for dream filters
- 4 White dream filter
- 5 Blue dream filter
- 6 Green dream filter
- 7 Yellow dream filter
- 8 Pink dream filter
- 9 Red dream filter
- 10 Black dream filter
- 11 Decoration with dream filter
- 12 Where should the dream filter be placed?
- 13 How to make a dream filter
- 14 Step by step: how to make a dream filter
- 15 See our gallery for more dream filter photos
What is a dream filter?
As we have already mentioned above, the dream filter is an amulet of North American indigenous origin, and it is assumed that this amulet can purify energies by separating “good dreams” and “bad dreams”, it is also believed that dream filter helps bringing luck and wisdom to those who own it.
Therefore, the real meaning of the dream filter is to bring protection to those who have them and also to ward off bad dreams and protect people from nightmares.
- Clean decoration with dream filter
Meaning of the dream filter: understand each part
The original dream filter is made with weeping willow becoming the part of the ring and the feathers are from birds. For the Ojibwe tribe, the eagle feather means courage, while the owl feather means wisdom, but in addition, other items were also hung, such as small stones.
Did you know that each part of the dream filter has a meaning? Yeah, check it out below to understand it better.
The circle of the dream filter represents eternity, the circle of life and the sun;The center of the dream filter represents our interior;The web represents the path, our soul and free will;Feathers represent air, wisdom and courage;The pebbles represent the cure and eliminate our fears and sorrows;The colors of the dream filter convey feelings and reflect your mood and personality.
- Understand the meaning of dream filters
Although it is more common to find dream filters in a circle shape, there are also some models with other shapes like the triangular one. The meaning of the triangular dream filter refers to three aspects of life, whereas the double dream filter can mean two lives, as a couple, for example.
We can find dream filter pictures of different colors, sizes and formats, which is very interesting because this element can please a larger number of people and also adapt more easily to different styles of decoration with dream filters.
- The dream filter can be found in different colors, sizes and models
Colors for dream filters
The colors chosen for the dream filter are also very important, as the colors can also interfere with the meaning of the dream filter, so please follow below what each color represents and choose the one that most identifies with you.
White dream filter
One of the most traditional, the white dream filter, represents enlightenment and spiritual supremacy.
Blue dream filter
The blue dream filter is perfect for those looking for tranquility and patience. They are great for meditation and harmony activities.
Green dream filter
The green in the dream filter represents harmony, healing and justice.
Yellow dream filter
Yellow is a very lively and cheerful color. The yellow or golden dream filter is synonymous with creativity, intelligence and wisdom.
Pink dream filter
When we speak in shades of pink, something more delicate and feminine comes to mind, so the dream filters produced in that color represent beauty and love.
Red dream filter
Another strong color, the red dream filter is stimulating and the color reminds us of passion, achievement and willpower.
Black dream filter
The black dream filter takes us against our spirituality.
- Learn to choose the colors for your dream filters
Decoration with dream filter
For those who want to use the dream filter in the decoration it is important to remember that they should be positioned in a place that receives sunlight, because then, when the sun hits the dream filter, it is purified and the bad energies and dreams are removed.
The dream filter can be used in different styles of decoration, but for this it is important to choose a model that harmonizes with the rest of the decoration of the environment. In a more cheerful and relaxed environment, the colored dream filter is a very interesting idea, for a cleaner environment with minimalist decoration, the black or white dream filter can give the final touch that the environment needs.
- It is important that the dream filter is positioned in a space that always receives sunlight
Where should the dream filter be placed?
A lot of people wonder where to put the dream filter, since most want to use the dream filter to purify and decorate the house. First of all, it is important to choose a space where it receives sunlight, because, as we mentioned above, sunlight purifies the dream filter.
One of the rooms that the dream filter is most used is the bedroom , after all, its main function is to ward off nightmares and attract good dreams, leaving the night’s sleep more peaceful, usually the dream filter is hung over the headboard the bed, thus protecting your dreams.
- Hippie decoration with a dream filter for a double bedroom
But in addition to the bedroom, the dream filter can also be used to decorate other environments in the house such as living room, home office among others. Below you can see filter photos of dreams decorating the living room .
- Scandinavian style decoration for the living room with dream filters on the sofa
- Clean decoration for living room with dream filter
How to make a dream filter
Well, now that we know everything about dream filters, how about learning how to make dream filters? Follow the tips below and do it yourself .
Step by step: how to make a dream filter
Make a circle using willow branches or a material of your choice;
Wrap string around the circle and tie a very tight knot at the end to start the dream filter;
Then, start making the web, for that you can also use the string. Pull the wire until it forms a straight line on the ring;
Then, pass the wire again around the ring and inside the straight line created previously, forming a knot;
Do the same procedure again, but across the side of the arch. Try to maintain a standard distance between the nodes to form the dream filter;
Then, start making the knots within the lines of the strings already positioned, for this, do the same process until closing the web;
Then, make a knot and cut the remaining tip;
When the web in the center of the circle is ready, take other pieces of string and tie it at the bottom of the ring, leaving those pieces of string hanging. The amount you decide.
At the top of the ring it is also important to make a loop so that the dream filter can be hung on the wall;
Finally, glue feathers or other ornaments that you prefer on the ends of the strings to form the dream filter.
- Clean room decor with dream filter
See our gallery for more dream filter photos
- In the market you can also find colored and black and white stickers with a dream filter design
- The dream filters look beautiful in the decoration of the ceremony and wedding party
- The dream filter is widely used in bedroom decor, usually positioned on the bed head wall
- It is possible to use more than one dream filter in the same environment
- Boho-style decor for bedroom with big black dream filter
- In the market you can find several types of dream filters
- Clean decoration with dream filter and white vase with tree branches
- The black dream filter gets a lot of prominence in a clean environment
- Decoration for black wall with white dream filter
- Decoration with colorful dream filter sticker
- Decoration with dream filter and solitary vases
- The dream filter can be used in various styles of decoration
- Party decoration with various dream filters
- Room decorated with a small dream filter and a light cord
- Decoration with wooden table and dream filter
- It is important that the dream filter receives sunlight to be purified
- Environment decorated with a big gray dream filter
- Scandinavian style decoration with white dream filter
- Room decorated in a chic hippie style with small dream filters and fabric on the headboard
- Simple decoration for living room with dream filter and blue curtain
- The children’s birthday party can also receive several dream filters in the decoration
- Bedroom decoration with dream filters
- Decoration for a boho room with a dream filter and white shelves
- The biggest meaning of the dream filter is to ward off nightmares and bring protection during sleep, which is why it is so used in bedrooms
- Black and white bedroom decor with various dream filters
- Hipster room decorated with a dream filter and printed fabric on the side of the bed
- Each part of the dream filters has a meaning
- Simple decoration for bedroom with small dream filter and decorated wooden headboard
- Super delicate decoration for a birthday party with light colors and dream filters as a panel
- Colorful dream filter template
- The colors chosen for dream filters also have meaning
- Dream crochet filter
- The dream filters are also used to purify the energies of the environment
- Here shades of pink and white left the dream filter with a very delicate touch
- The feathers used in dream filters represent wisdom and courage
- Neutral color dream filter
- Dream filter made in crochet
- The dream filter decorated with flower arrangements are perfect for wedding and engagement
- Beautiful dream filters decorated with flowers for a wedding party
- Super delicate big dream filter decorated with small flowers
- Dream filters are also widely used to bring protection inside the car
- Simple and small model of dream filter
- Beautiful decoration for a wedding party with a four-story cake and white dream filters
- Super delicate little dream model
- Door decorated with a dream filter
- Baby room decorated with a small dream filter on the crib
- Decoration for a double bedroom with floral wallpaper and white dream filter
- Decoration for bedroom with various white dream filters
- The webs of dream filters represent the path
- Decoration for living room with burnt cement wall and filter of dreams in neutral colors