How to Choose a Dishwasher in 2020? Read Before You Buying!
- 1 1. Buy a dishwasher: the different models
- 2 2. Know the benefits of a dishwasher
- 3 3. Choose your dishwasher taking into account the capacity
- 4 4. Keep an eye on the performance and energy label of the dishwasher
- 5 5. Opt for a silent dishwasher
- 6 6. Adapt the choice of a dishwasher to cutlery
- 7 7. Turn to a functional dishwasher
- 8 8. Check the presence of the security system
Know all the criteria to follow to choose the dishwasher!
The dishwasher saves you time and saves water at the same time. So, if you are looking for a powerful dishwasher, find out how to choose it well!
1. Buy a dishwasher: the different models
Some dishwasher models are more efficient than others, however this appliance is available in different types of installation and use. Here are the different dishwashers available on the market:
– The dishwasher is free standing: it is simply placed in the place of your choice since it is already composed of a facade and walls. The control panel is located on the front of the device. Freestanding dishwashers have a width of 45 or 60 cm;
– Built-in dishwasher : this dishwasher fits into a niche to integrate with the furniture. It is more expensive, but it remains less bulky and more aesthetic. Its niche must measure between 80 and 87 centimeters in height so that the device slides under the worktop;
– The built -in dishwasher : this is a terribly aesthetic dishwasher since it blends in with the decor, adorning itself with a facade identical to that of the kitchen furniture. Its controls are located on the top of the door. The built-in dishwashers are completely invisible, so they are household appliances that do not shade the interior decoration;
– The professional dishwasher : it is an imposing dishwasher, often used in restaurants and canteens;
– The mini dishwasher : the small dishwasher is a new generation of household appliances. This space-saving solution easily hides in a cupboard and is almost the size of a microwave. It is an appliance intended for a home of one or two people.
2. Know the benefits of a dishwasher
The dishwasher is a practical appliance literally acting as an assistant in the kitchen. It saves you from having to wash by hand, so you can focus on something else. It’s time to win and much more! And yes, the dishwasher effectively cleans dishes day after day while saving money …
First, a dishwasher uses about 15 liters of water for each wash cycle, compared to 30 liters when you wash the dishes by hand. Choosing this type of appliance means deciding to reduce your water consumption. The dishwasher is therefore an ally for savings.
3. Choose your dishwasher taking into account the capacity
Each dishwasher consists of a tub, a hood and a drain pump for draining water, but not all have the same capacity. It is true that the first criterion of choice for the purchase of a dishwasher is its capacity. Indeed, the number of cutlery in the home determines the capacity you need, even if it is necessary to provide a slight margin for washing pots and other large utensils.
4. Keep an eye on the performance and energy label of the dishwasher
Choosing a dishwasher is not taken lightly, the environment is threatened today and energy savings have become necessary to protect it. This is why, the choice is made on high-performance devices justifying a good performance to optimize your energy consumption . Check the labels and opt for a green energy class like class A. You can thus achieve great reductions on the bill.
The extra tip: use the delayed start to save even more money by starting the wash cycle during off-peak hours.
5. Opt for a silent dishwasher
The noise level of the dishwasher is one of the selection criteria when purchasing. A silent appliance keeps a high level of acoustic comfort. So, keep your interior calm with a silent dishwasher , to do this, control the number of decibels.
6. Adapt the choice of a dishwasher to cutlery
There are different things you can put in the dishwasher : plates, glasses, pots, pans and cutlery. Forks, knives and spoons are light and they may move during washing … This is why there are two types of cutlery storage:
– The cutlery basket : the cutlery baskets slide inside the dishwasher and take place on the drawer;
– The cutlery drawer: it is placed above the upper basket or upper drawer of the dishwasher. To install the cutlery in the appliance, pull the drawer and place them on it.
7. Turn to a functional dishwasher
Your dishwasher should be large enough to hold all of your dishes, but that’s not the only thing to check! Indeed, you must turn to a functional appliance capable of having different modes and a rinsing, drying and emptying function! Improve functionality by choosing a control panel for programming.
8. Check the presence of the security system
Your dishwasher must have three safety features:
– The anti-overflow system : like the aquastop or the float;
– Child safety : it is a locking of the dishwasher door;
– Waterstop security : it prevents leaks.
Incoming Search results
- dishwasher bosch
- dishwasher kitchenaid
- dishwasher lowes
- dishwasher portable
- dishwasher whirlpool