How to Choose your Washing Machine in 2020?
- 1 1. The different models of washing machines
- 2 2. Pay attention to the energy class of the washing machine
- 3 3. Take into consideration the revolution per minute of the washing machine
- 4 4. The drum, the asset to check for the choice of dryer
- 5 5. Pay attention to the decibels when choosing the washing machine
- 6 6. Find out about the number of washing programs
- 7 7. Buy a connected washing machine
- 8 8. Take into account the washing capacity and washing efficiency
Discover our Buying Guide Dedicated to the Washing Machine!
The washing machine is very practical for the maintenance of household linen. Find out how to choose your washing machine and learn how to identify the selection criteria. So, you will choose a device adapted to your lifestyle!
1. The different models of washing machines
The washing machine is an appliance to avoid washing clothes and household linen by hand. It is a great ally for washing clothes efficiently, that is to say in a minimum of time with as little water as possible. To make the best choice of washing machine, you must know the different models available on the market, here they are:
– The washing machine window: it is a washing machine also known as a front washing machine. This appliance is equipped with a glass access at the front, these are the most practical since they free up the space above the machine;
– The top washing machine: this is a washing machine with an opening from above. This type of washing machine is suitable for small rooms and is less prone to leaks;
– The washer-dryer: the washer-dryer dries and dries your laundry. So you can dry the laundry quickly. The drying mode avoids the purchase of a dryer;
– Built-in washing machine: built -in washing machines are famous for fitting into a piece of furniture or a location to be found just below the worktop. They can become integrable when they have a front door;
– The integrated washing machine: the integrated washing machines are hidden in the furniture. They become completely invisible and do not darken the decoration.
The choice of model, concerning the washing machine, depends in part on the area of the room or more precisely, the location reserved for it.
2. Pay attention to the energy class of the washing machine
The washing machine reduces the consumption of water useful for washing household linen. It works mechanically and can save you energy and money. To maximize these savings, we must pay attention to the energy label and choose a minimum of Class A. This energy class demonstrates that it is an economical household appliance.
To further reduce the cost of using the machine, you can use the delayed mode to schedule the machine to start during off-peak hours.
3. Take into consideration the revolution per minute of the washing machine
The revolution per minute is to be taken into consideration … The washing machines have a speed of 1,200 to 1,800 revolution per minute. This data is directly related to the spinning of textiles, that’s why we talk about spin speed. The more revolutions you have per minute, the drier your laundry will come out of the machine. This criterion is mainly related to your daily comfort, the speed of rotation dries clothes and allows you to store them directly at the outlet of the washing machine.
4. The drum, the asset to check for the choice of dryer
The washing machine is equipped with a tank, a motor, an evacuation system, a drain pump and a drum. The drum, despite its funny name, is one of the essential parts for the proper functioning of the washing machine. It is an asset, you have to pay attention to the volume. A normal household will need on average 7 to 8 kg per machine.
5. Pay attention to the decibels when choosing the washing machine
The noise level of the washing machine is also very important when buying a machine. In an apartment, it is better to take a silent washing machine whose number of decibels does not exceed 50 decibels. You can also pay attention to this if the machine is going to be installed in a house, this will keep the acoustic comfort of the accommodation.
6. Find out about the number of washing programs
Are you looking for a washing machine allowing you to maintain all your household linen? Ask about the washing programs and options for the washing machine. The more functions the machine has, the more you can adapt the water temperature to the fabric to be washed. Remember to check the presence of the delayed program, or even the two-hour program if you have solar panels.
7. Buy a connected washing machine
Some washing machine models have the connected function, such as the Samsung or Hotpoint washing machine. This system helps you control the machine from your smartphone. It also allows you to keep an eye on your energy consumption and your water consumption. On average, a connected washing machine achieves a reduction of 20% on the energy bill.
8. Take into account the washing capacity and washing efficiency
You can compare the different models of tumble dryers by checking their loading capacity and adapting it to the size of your fireplace! However, if you do not have a laundromat nearby, get a large washing machine that can wash comforters and pillows.